Sports nutrition is big business. With so many companies plugging their products, and no meaningful government regulation of advertising claims, how do you sort out truth from fiction?
- Confused about the myriad of supplements on the market, their promise to enhance your workout and performance? Wondering which, if any, are really necessary/helpful?
- How much water and other fluids should you consume to prevent dehydration during your sport?
- What should you eat pre-workout to prevent burning up your lean tissue?
- What should you eat post-workout to recover/repair?
- What mix of protein, carbs and fat should you be eating, and when?
- Are you getting too full before you can get enough calories in to build up lean tissue?