These protein, fruit & nut balls are an energy packed food that you can grab before those early morning spin classes or right before a big game. Not only are they easy and quick to make, they last a while in the fridge, making them a great "go to" before exercise. Try it out!
- 1 cup creamy almond butter (natural) (1,360cal)
- 3/4 cup honey (786cal) or agave (720cal)
- 1 cup rolled oats (360cal)
- 3/4 cup dried fruit of choice (chopped dried apricots, cranberries, plums, etc.) (300cal for apricots, 288cal cranberries, etc)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (270cal)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (360cal)
- 3 scoops protein powder (360cal)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (3cal)
Melt honey and almond butter in a saucepan over medium heat until runny, then mix in all other ingredients. Make balls a little larger than golf ball size, place on cookie sheet, and let cool in fridge. It makes about 12-15.
(about 465cal-495cal per ball depending on specific ingredients used)